Tuesday, April 15, 2014

HIS plan is BIG

I've had some good dreams lately.

I don't normally dream much, and when I do, they are usually ones I can't really understand or get much out of. And most of the time, they are just plain weird. Not good, not bad, just weird!

But lately, I've had two that really have stood out to me, in good ways, and I wanted to share them with ya.

The first one was the night before church last weekend.

It was short and sweet and to the point. I was running a race, and desperate to get to the finish line. I remember feeling overwhelmed and working very hard, but at the same time, I was smiling throughout the whole race, and very at peace...My pastor was ahead of me, even toward the end, if I remember clearly. Not sure what that means (hope that's not true in some ways!;) but I remember thinking throughout the race, "I can do this! I can do this! Pastor Tony is there cheering me on! I can do this!"

And that was it.

But when I woke up, I thought, "Wow. What truth!"

Because that's kind of how I feel. I feel like our pastor can not only be our friend, our mentor, our encourager, but also our coach. And that is how I feel toward our pastor.

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace."
Acts 20:24 NIV

The second one was last night.

I dreamt that I was back in the time before I met Justin, before I came to Texas, when I was still in Washington.

I was staying at a friend's house for some reason. Not sure why. But it was out of my hometown, and I had finally found a church I felt at "home" in there while staying with her. And then I had to go, and I couldn't continue going to the church I found that I loved, and it devastated me. And that was about it, really. Not many other details stand out.

But it means a lot to me.

Because that's where I had been for SO long.

I had found churches I liked in Washington, and there was one in particular I fell in love with, but for some reason, the Lord had not allowed me to attend as I had wanted to, for several reasons. I was so upset though, because I couldn't go to a church I felt at "home" in.

And this morning, when I woke from the dream, I was immediately so overwhelmed with joy.

Because now, I am in Texas, finally attending a church I love, and feel at "home" in.

It truly is the biggest blessing ever.

This is the FIRST time I have ever felt so at home in a church. It's a "place" in life I've been praying for for a long time.

Thanks Jesus, for all this goodness, and your graciousness in our lives. You are continuously working behind the scenes, and we never know what you're going to do next, but you always have GOOD plans!




No comments:

Post a Comment